Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies
I’ve been so busy that I literally cannot tell what day of the week it is anymore lol. August has been NUTS and I have never been so ready for the month of September in my entire life (*insert sigh of relief*).
Speaking of nuts, my favorite baker @courtniofftheclock’s has given us another one of her easy baking recipes. With fall right around the corner, these chocolate chip pecan cookies are perfect for starting off your holiday baking. Now that I am somewhat back into my regular routine, I’ll be blowing the dust off my mixer so I can whip up a batch of my own.
As always, if you try this recipe out let me know how your turns out in the comments below!
Photos & Recipe by Courtni Blayke O’neal
2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 large eggs
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips (more or less to taste)
1 cup pecans, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Place pecans in an even layer on baking sheet. Toast for 10-15 minutes, stirring halfway through. Allow to cool
3. In medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and salt
4. In stand mixer, cream butter and both sugars on medium speed until pale yellow. Add vanilla and eggs and beat until just incorporated
5. Slowly add dry mixture to butter mixture, scraping the bowl to ensure everything is mixed together
6. By hand, stir in chocolate chips and pecans.
7. Place a tablespoon of the dough onto a greased cookie sheet. Be sure not to overcrowd the cookies
8. Bake 9-12 minutes until the sides start to brown
9. Store in an air tight container